Friday, July 31, 2009

Hand: Lovely Little Lovebirds



I've been in love with Sublime Stitching's "Dutch-Russian" set since it was released, though it took me a few months to cave and buy the pattern.

"But I already have so many patterns!" Practical me said.

"But wouldn't this look just lovely hanging in your kitchen?" Craft Addict me piped in slyly.

This argument went on (and often does when a new project requires new materials not found in my ample stash of supplies) and (as usual) Craft Addict won.

I'm very glad she did. This was a serious joy to stitch. I love the design so much I stitched it on both ends of the tea towel. There's something so happy about the bright colors and twisting vines, and the pretty little lovebirds. It even got a nod on Sublime Stitching's Twitter. Hell to the yeah.

**********

As if my dialogue between Practical me and Craft Addict me weren't enough, I truly think I have a sort of odd split personality thing going on. On the one side I love and make horror movies, obsess over freaky microbrews, and play violent video games. On the other...there's the monkey quilt-in-progress, stitched tea-drinking bunnies, and the whole pink cake obsession. Weird.

Speaking of those bunnies, I was thrilled to see one of my Black Apple stitches get a nod on You Can Call Me Chris, alongside some other wonderful stitching. I seriously love those baby onesies. Which again...falls into "weird" for me. Me? Onesies? WTF?


5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the "nod" :) It looks fantastic! Great colors

christina said...

Hey, thanks for mentioning me mentioning you. :)

Love your work. All of it.

Btw, I'm going to attempt some onesies (I'm having a baby in October) and I think the Black Apple "ghostie" is quite appropriate, but do you use anything special behind the stitching on a onesie?

Sherezada said...

Thank you both!

Christina, I'd suggest using stabilizer when stitching on stretchy fabric (like used on a onesie). You can snag some here: http://www.sublimestitching.com/stabilizer.html

Congrats on the new baby, too! Indeed, a little ghostie is perfect for a Halloween baby.

Brook said...

oh I love it!!! I love the dutch russian patterns! I made a million christmas ornaments out of them.... I want to make a towel with the 3 little dolls on it.... so cute!

Sherezada said...

Thanks, Brook! I still have the little ornament of yours I won in your give-away...looked awesome on my bookshelf-tree. ;)