Monday, July 6, 2009

Eye: How I spent my summer vacation


Chillin' with one of my favorite writers in Baltimore, MD.

June came and went in a flash. I looked up today and it hit me that yes, we are now in July...so much so the 4th has passed and my 30th birthday is looming right around the corner. Criminy.

But not thinking of that today. Today, thinking of patching my poor old couch, starting a swimming regimen, and finally, FINALLY posting to my neglected blog.

Why has it been neglected so? Well, June began with me pulling my filmmaker hat off the shelf for my first-ever film festival screening, and then rapidly trading it for my traveling hat, as my husband and I took our first trip together to the East Coast.

Baltimore, MD, to be specific; five days in Baltimore and 24 hours in Washington, DC.


The Washington Monument, as seen from Constitution Gardens Lake.

I don't think I have words for the sheer wonder that was this trip. We stayed with a trio of our friends in Baltimore, who were generous enough to share their apartment space with us. So, aside from lots of sightseeing and feasting, there was lots of board games, Rock Band, laughing, and staying up too late talking on the balcony.

Blue crabs with Old Bay, ready to be devoured. Our hostess and her family treated us to a real Maryland crab dinner.

I'm still sorting through the 400+ photos I took on the trip, and I've begun posting them in a Baltimore/Washington DC Flickr set. So far, I'm through the first three days of the trip. Gotta get a move on...more to share soon!

The Capitol Building in the rain...the last stop on our 24-hour self-guided tour of the Mall.


2 comments:

Brook said...

YAY I love the DC area!!! My boyfriends family lives there and I LOVE TO VISIT!!! I think im taking a road trip down the coast of california I need help planning super cool places to go in the bay area!!! Maybe we can meet up!

Sherezada said...

I'd love to suggest some awesome Bay Area locales! How long are you going to be in the area? I'll put together a little list for you of eats/drinks, shops, crafty places, and sights (think I work in the travel industry? ). ;)

I'd also love to meet up! Just let me know when you'll be here, and maybe we could snag lunch or something. It would be too cool to meet you in person!