Monday, January 4, 2010

Today's Top Story: Cookies

Happy 2010! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season.

I just returned from a nice, long trip down to Southern California, to visit family and friends. It was definitely an eventful trip, with the "Holiday Goblin" -- that little bastard that ensures maximum holiday chaos -- working overtime. Despite his best efforts, though, the husband and I managed to have a lovely time, with much good company, gaming of all sorts, and oodles of tasty treats.

Speaking of...

In 2008, I participated in a holiday cookie swap on Craftser. Like many other swappers, I made my package, I send it off, posted pictures on Flickr, and moved on to the next swap. Imagine my surprise, then, when a year later I have an editor from CNN asking me to share my photo -- and the story behind it -- on their new social networking site, iReport. Shortly after, I'm contacted for an interview, and now...

My holiday swap cookies are part of a bona-fide CNN report.



Not a bad way to end 2009! Definitely better than how I ended 2008, and I'm optimistic things will keep getting better from here.


2 comments:

Dana said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations!

Sherezada said...

Thank you! I hope you had a good holiday season and start to 2010!