Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mind: Healing Up

It's been about a week and a half since the car crash, and Adam and I are doing a lot better. I'm walking without the cane, and today I was even able to get out of bed without its help. I'm still really sore in places, especially the ribs where the seatbelt was, but the bruising has all really come down.

However, I'm in that frustrating stage of healing where parts of my are feeling normal, and other parts of me are so not. I forget sometimes that I'm not healed 100%, and will go to do something like bend down or reach a bit to far, and my body reminds me that it's still not okay.

I have to say though, I've been so lucky in all this to have such wonderful people looking out for me, from my in-laws who nursed Adam and I in the days immediately following the crash to my parents and brother who came up to the Bay Area from SoCal to help us get settled back in at home.



These gorgeous roses were waiting for Adam and I when we got home after the crash on New Year's Eve, courtesy of my loving family. They're still blooming strong.

Also, there's been a few surprises. My Mama talked to our across-the-way neighbor the day before she left to go back home, and the very next night the sweet neighbor-lady showed up on our doorstep with a home cooked chicken curry dinner and this lovely narcissus plant:


I love watching it bloom day by day in our kitchen. It reminds me how I'm getting better day by day as well...slowly, but surely.


4 comments:

Brook said...

OH how pretty!!! That was nice of your neighbors! I always try to do things like that too...

Sherezada said...

I know, aren't they sweet? I've never had neighbors who'd do that for me before. :)

Emily said...

Lovely flowers! :) Hope you have a nice week.

Sherezada said...

Thank you, Emily! :)