Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hand: Veggie Dishtowel

Veggie Dishtowel Close-Up
Originally uploaded by Zhad_Squad

I'm trying out the whole Flickr to Blogger function here, so bear with me if this post looks bad. Or you've seen three different versions of it.

I finished this towel a while ago, but I haven't had a chance to upload the photos to share. I made it using the Sublime Stitching "I Luv Veggies" pattern. I have fruit on the other side, too, but the veggies were my favorite.

I'm rather proud of this one. I tried something a little different. It was all backstitching, but I did two layers of three-count threads in different hues of the same color. It added a little depth and texture, which was neat for the veggies. I'm especially proud of the garlic, which I feel has a nice, papery look to it, like real garlic.

Someday, I may post a picture of the awesome impression my husband does of the happy carrot.
Hmm...not sure I'm digging the Flickr transfer. It may take a little getting used to. It's nice to not have to upload, I must say!

No comments: