Monday, January 14, 2013

The Best Reason for Not Blogging


My baby boy Vincent. Born December 13, 2012 in Oakland, CA. He's now over a month old.


Not much time for blogging--or crafting, or writing, or anything else--when you're trying to get the hang of an entirely new way of life: diaper changes, round-the-clock feedings, obliterated sleep schedules. 

I admit it, this has been the hardest month of my life. I wouldn't have made it if it weren't for an incredible network of family and friends that rallied around my husband and I to offer tons of love, support, and hot meals. I now understand that saying, "it takes a village to raise a child." It's really, really true.

It's all been so very worth it, though. I love my little man like I've never loved anyone before. It's amazing to watch him develop slowly from an eat-sleep-poop machine to a human being. Sure, it's only been a month, but in that time he's come so very far. All of us have. I've gone from feeling like a terrified newbie into feeling like, well, a Mom. 


Here's to the first month, and to many, many more, my boy.



2 comments:

yo said...

I think you look good as a mama. He looks so cute but what can I say?

yo said...

I think you look good as a mama. He looks so cute but what can I say?