Monday, September 10, 2012

The Final Countdown...

The summer has gone by in the blink of an eye. I feel like it was only a few weeks ago that I was making plans for trips, visits from out-of-town friends, and general warm(ish) weather lazing. Now, it's practically autumn, with the husband back in the classroom, the guests gone, and all the adventures past.

Well, not all of them.

You see, I have some news to share. I've been keeping it on the down-low, because, well, it's big news, and I'm a bit on the cautious side. I like being absolutely sure of something before I announce it, and though nothing is ever set in stone...oh, to hell with it. 

I'm pregnant!



Over 27 weeks pregnant, with a boy (well, with a biological boy. His gender identity will become known with time as he gets older).

It explains some of my long absence away from this blog. I've been a bit preoccupied over the summer, and crafting has fallen by the wayside as I've focused on my pregnancy and on trying to finish some big writing projects. I do have some embroideries I've completed, which I'll be sharing soon, and there's a slew of baby-related crafts I've got prepped in the queue. I'd better get cracking though. Once he arrives, I doubt I'll have much time for crafting for a while!

Overall, I'm feeling good, and the Tadpole (as we're calling him now) and I are in good health. The Professor is super-excited to be a father, and our families and friends have been nothing but supportive. It's been exciting and terrifying as we prepare for the little guy's arrival, and December is coming upon us quickly. So much to do!

Only 13 more weeks (I hope) and counting...

No comments: